The story so far
- 2015 San Francisco Bay Area
- 2013 Denver and Boulder
- 2013 Rio De Janeiro and SÃo Paulo
- 2012 San Francisco Bay Area
- 2010 San Francisco Bay Area
of companies were
At the time
of the Mission
Traveled from UK
We're looking for exciting and ambitious clean and cool companies to join our next entrepreneur mission to the U.S. in June.
- Meet potential customers, partners and investors
- Learn from first-hand stories of Silicon Valley innovation
- Become part of a growing community of Cleantech heroes
Applications are now closed. Many thanks to all who applied, check the Clean + Cool twitter feed for updates as the judging process begins.
Who is it for?
The UK’s best early stage businesses with an innovation that benefits the environment, a compelling vision of the future and the ambition to grow fast.
We’re looking to bring together some of the most exciting opportunities in fields such as energy supply and systems, urban living and smart infrastructure, automotive and smart mobility, agricultural and food, robotics, advanced materials and manufacturing.
How do I apply?
It is a competition and to enter you need to answer short questions covering your innovation breakthrough, market potential and readiness. You also need to submit a 60 second film, telling us about your call to adventure – why you do what you do.
Applications are now closed. Finalists will be notified 28th of April.
What happens on a mission?
At the heart of the week is a programme designed to help CEOs explore cross border opportunities, find faster routes to market and ways to overcome some of the toughest challenges facing early stage businesses, such as:
- How to pitch and win
- How to build a profile that cuts through
- How to find the right customer need
- How to scale
- How to survive and do things differently
There are many opportunities to meet peers and potential customers, partners and investors. There is also time for companies to arrange their own 1:1 meetings (approximately a third of the week).
Before the mission, there is a mandatory two-day training session in London and there are opportunities for further free support post mission.
What will I get out of it?
You will spend a week in the company of other CEOs of pioneering early stage businesses in the global epicentre of technology innovation and investment, so at a minimum you can expect to:
- Understand how to do business in the US
- Expand your network including potential customers, partners and investors
- Gain insights that will help you grow your business faster
- Develop your pitch and profile
What dates do I need to keep clear?
16-17 May Pre-mission training in London
10-17 June Mission Dates
What does it cost?
It costs £2.5k, which is a contribution to flights, accommodation, ground transportation and some subsistence. Many further costs are met by the generous support of partners, sponsors and hosts. However, there will be occasions when subsistence and transport costs need to be met by attendees such as during free time on the mission or when arranging their own 1:1 meetings. Companies will also need to cover their costs in attending training and a launch event in London.
- Be recognised as the best of British
- Be supported by the best of private and public sector partners
- Be inspired by new ideas and relationships to grow your business faster